Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Orc Hoarde

Not too long after "The Hunt".....



"You must go, this is the only way through, I will give you sometime."
"No, you cannot-"
"Give me but a moment, don't look back I'll be right behind you."
"No..."
"Please"
I stood at the pass near the hilltop and watched the flood of the enemy climb to the top. There were at the least fifty, maybe seventy. I didn't think it mattered too much at this point. I saw them begin to climb the cliff, some came up the side. Unless they go through here, they marched to their deaths.
They crawled over the top of the cliff, the first seven fell to the curved blades before they even touched me. Suddenly fifteen or so vaulted over the side on to the top. I fell three as they came at me, the next four proved a challenge. But they didn't stand long. Another twenty came, a few more poured black blood over my boots. I hit one, throwing two off the cliff. I picked up a chained mace and went at him. His crude sword planted it in the ground. He failed to see the arising dagger.
Of course I failed to see the orc jump atop of my head, I parried his dagger as best I could.
Past my ear flew a silver arrow into his eye. I threw the creature off the cliff into another three. A stream of silver light set ablaze the cliff edge. I turned to see Maeluiel standing with a bow. I started to speak-
"Oh please, like I would leave you behind with all the fun"
"When are they coming? You were suppo-"
"I sent my brother on to the city. Reinforcements will arrive in a few hours"
"You realize how many are down there right?"
"Good thing you're with me. Besides thanks to you, the first half of the first battalion are dead!"
"What's that? 20 Battalions to go!?"
"You've got me, and I've got you. Now grab some' their knives and start throwing."

No comments:

Post a Comment